for a Liebster award (for bloggers with less than 200 readers). It’s awarded by fellow bloggers, and gavmomof2 nominated me, here’s her blog site: http://littlebitsandpiecesoflife.wordpress.com
Thank you for thinking of me; I’m not really a reader of many blogs (I should, but just don’t take the time). After reading through her blog comments (where she wrote about being nominated), I’m getting the feeling it’s sort of like a ‘chain letter’ for bloggers! Basically, I am to publicly thank the person nominating me (did that), answer 11 questions which are sent to me, about myself, make up 11 questions and forward this ‘nomination/question list’ to 11 other bloggers (with less than 200 readers). Well, that’s nice but . . . I personally don’t KNOW 11 other bloggers! 3-4, maybe – this will be a challenge! OK, now for the questions about me (you can skip this part if you wish):
1. What is your favorite ideal vacation spot? I’ve always wanted to visit Hawaii, but heard it’s way too expensive. I would just like to enjoy the warm weather, beautiful views, ocean and simply ‘veg’ there for at least a week. Hey, a girl can dream, can’t she???
2. Do you have a Vice? What is it? Oh boy, there’s a loaded question if EVER I’ve read one! Let’s just say, for now: NUTELLA! I’ve learned that I just CAN’T buy it or I’ll eat the whole jar, a little at a time, with a spoon! (Now THAT’S some confession, right?) It’s just THAT good! I love creamy chocolate and add to that my very favorite nut: Hazel (also called Filberts) and you’ve got a “Pammie CAN NOT pass this up!”
3. What is your favorite TV show right now? Another hard question: it’s a toss-up: NCIS; Big Bang Theory and Suits.
4. What is your least favorite food? Brussel sprouts
5. Why did you start blogging? That’s easy – my dear friend Momma/Mary has been ‘at it’ for years and both she and her husband kept bugging me: “It’s EASY! You’d be a natural” – they finally won out.
6. Do you have a favorite motto, quote or saying? Please share: I guess you could say: “Everything will be OK in the end. If it’s not OK, then it’s not the end!”
7. You were stranded on an island – what are the 3 things you could not live without? Water, for one (that’s a no-brainer), my medications, and food (I’m a simple person – anything else, like books/knitting/my Bible would be great!)
8. If money were no object, what would you treat yourself to? A month-long stay in Hawaii (on one of the lesser islands) for my husband and I.
9. Do you have a pet peeve? Probably more than one, but at this moment I can’t nail them down.
10. List three things on your ‘bucket list’. I don’t have a bucket list – I live for others, to see my children grown up and happy – anything else is ‘gravy’.
11. Are you a coffee or tea drinker? Both! Coffee, daily and tea when I’m sick (or feeling my Canadian heritage!)
Here are the 11 questions for the bloggers I’m nominating:
1. What is your favorite color?
2. What type/style of music do you like?
3. Do you have a craft you enjoy doing? List
4. Books: do you enjoy reading and what genre? Fiction/Romance/Westerns, etc?
5. Do you have a pet (pets?) List
6. Why did you start blogging?
7. What is your favorite way to relax?
8. What is your favorite way to get out and enjoy life? (Movie/Play/Sports/Hiking, Restaurants, etc)
9. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? (I know – yep, it’s ‘THAT’ question)
10. If you were to go out to eat at your FAVORITE restaurant, what would you order and why?
11. Looking back on your life, are you where you thought you’d be at this age – or not. (ie: contented with your choices/struggling/living day-to-day and seeing just what each day brings, etc.)
Yes, I realize some of the questions above are a bit obscure (read that: vague/not clear) but I’m not good at this sort of thing. (I’m the person who, when at a baby or wedding shower, NEVER gets the answers to the cute little quizzes they give out – sigh). Concerning the last question (#11) I got to thinking about way, WAY back in my life when I was on the road to becoming a Philosophy Professor (boy, that’s ages ago! We’re talking 1969). Looking forward to my life now – IF I HAD gone through with that, I would be totally OUT OF A JOB! Philosophy is NOT a current subject which rockets you into a great paying job. Oh well – we make choices in our lives and then have to live with those choices, right? Sometimes life makes choices for us (like a death in the family) and then we recover and move on but, all-in-all, I think I’ve survived well through my ‘journey’ that’s my life – so far. This makes me almost feel like “Nemo”: “Just keep swimming, just keep swimming!” Every day is different – some are joyful, exciting, filled with great expectation while others are either endured or dreaded BUT it’s ALL life! The goal is to MAKE IT THROUGH! We might be scarred, battle-worn and weary BUT we still need to put one foot in front of the other and KEEP GOING! (Now I’ll step off my soap box!)
I’m guessing the next step here is to list those blogs I’m nominating for this ‘award’. Here goes:
I’m going to have to apologize here; above are the listed blogs I read on a fairly regular basis. (Yes, I could have ‘cheated’ and just put up random blogs I’ve never read, but I felt I’m asking these people to participate, it better be someone I know, right?)
Ok – last minute ‘RULES’:
Here are the rules as per the nominating blog:
- Publicly thank the person that nominated you
- Tell 11 things about yourself
- Answer the 11 questions asked of you, and, in turn, make 11 questions for your own 11 nominees.
- Link to those 11 nominees, and tell them about it at their blogs.
DON’T FORGET to Copy and paste the award button to your blog.
right-click on the Liebster label from my page
save it to your computer
upload to your blog
I’m going to close on this entry, as this has been a rather LONG post! Will be sending you many more recipes soon;
Enjoy your day!
ps: Just remembered one more blog I really love reading: Jamiecooksitup!-see above – GREAT recipes!